As you plan your Instagram marketing strategy for 2021, it’s important to know the latest facts about this popular social network. we’ve compiled all the most important Instagram stats you need to be aware of this year.
1. Instagram is a social network for sharing photos and videos
2. It was created back in October 2010 as an iPhone-exclusive app
3. An android version was released 18 months later
4. In 2012, Facebook bought Instagram for $1billion in cash and stock
5. When it first launched, users could only post square 1:1 ratio images, but that rule was changed in 2015
6. In October 2015, Instagram confirmed that more than 40billion photos had been uploaded to the app
7. Instagram.com is the sixth-most visited website
8. In 2018, Instagram revealed that more than a billion people were using the app every month
9. 88% of Instagram users are outside the U.S
10. 51% of Instagram users are female while 49% are male
11. 50% of people have visited a website to make a purchase after seeing a product on IG
12. 5% of under 12 children living in the u.s use Instagram
13. There are 1.074 billion Instagram users worldwide in 2021.
14. The average post on Instagram contains 10.7 hashtags.
15. 71% of the billion monthly active users on the Instagram app are under the age of 35.
16. Instagram users spend an average of 30 minutes per day.
17. 500 million IG accounts use Instagram stories every day.
18. Instagram can generate over 4 x more interactions on Instagram compared to Facebook.
19. 71% of US businesses use Instagram.
20. Instagram helps 80% of Instagram users decide to buy a product or service.