STOP ANNOYING POP-UP ADVERTS ON ANDROID DEVICES AND WEB BROWSERS
Standalone websites, sponsored web pages, interactive games are embedded in Pop-up ads and they sometimes pop up even when you are just scrolling through a web page and before you know it, they will direct you to some very disruptive sites like porn sites, betting sites and even some fraudulent sites where your personal details can be compromised.
ON YOUR WEB BROWSER (Mobile & Desktop)
- Start by opening your web browser
- Beside the address bar, check for the three dot (if applicable to your browser) if otherwise, check for where you’ll see the ‘settings’ icon
- Select ‘site settings’ ‘sites and downloads’ ‘Ads blocking’ or otherwise as applicable to your browser
- Select Pop-ups and Redirects
- Turn Pop-ups & redirects off
ON YOUR ANDROID DEVICE
- . Go to settings
- . Select ‘Google’
- . Go to ‘manage your Google account’
- . Select ‘Data & Personalization’
- . Scroll down to select ‘Ad Personalization’
- . Toggle off the button and select ‘Turn off’.
- Go to ‘Visit your online choices’
- . Wait for some seconds to completely load all the list of ads publishers on your phone.
- . Once completed, select ‘continue’
- . You’ll be provided with a long list of publishers and asked if you want to opt out of them all. Select all and check to see that those boxes are all checked (except you want to manually select those you want). Once checked, click on SUBMIT CHOICES.
- . You can go view update results and those are all gone!
- Go to Settings
- Select ‘Accounts’.
- Choose ‘Google’
- Select’ Personal info & privacy’
- Scroll down to select ‘Ads settings’