WHATSAPP WILL STOP WORKING ON THESE PHONES FROM 2020.
Whatsapp has revealed that the messaging app will stop working on some selected phones from January 1, 2020.
As said by Whatsapp: “You’ll no longer be able to use the app on windows phone operating system after December 31st, 2019”. This news comes almost exactly when Microsoft ends support of its Windows 10 Mobile OS.
Also, as updated on the FAQ section of Whatsapp, from February 1st, 2020, you’ll not be able to use Whatsapp on Phones running on Android versions 2.3.7 and older, as well as iOS 8 and older.
However, phones that will still be supported by Whatsapp include:
- Android phones running OS 4.0.3 and above
- iPhone running iOS 9 and above
- Selected phones running KaiOS 2.5.1 and above, (including JioPhone and JioPhone2)
If you use a windows phone and do not want to lose your chats, follow these steps to save your chats:
- Open the chat you wish to export and select ‘Group Info’
- Select ‘Export Chat’. You’ll be given the option to download the chat with or without media.